Frequently Asked Questions
What is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu?
- It is a wrestling based martial art that was designed for a smaller opponent to overcome a bigger stronger opponent with the emphasis of taking the opponent to the ground and controlling their movement. There is no punching or kicking in this sport.
- Irrespective of the training session, you want to wear active or gym wear that doesn't restrict your movement. It is strongly advisable to not wear singlets or anything with pockets or zippers on them.
- We don't put our pricing on the internet or give it to you on the phone, email or messenger as information may be misunderstood. Also, we encourage you to come to the Academy so that you can see the venue first hand and we can fully inform you of our pricing.
- This is dependant on the age group your child participates in. The program provides this information however, they train a minimum of twice weekly.
- We align our curriculum with the Victorian school year which is typically 41 weeks. We do not offer training for children during the school holidays and we may be closed on some public holidays.
- No, we do not have make up classes for children unable to train on their designated training session.
- The first class is always on us, this way you will be able to experience the sport first hand and see if we are the right fit for you!
- Absolutely, and we encourage our athletes to train when they travel at other Academies and clubs as you can not learn everything from one place.